The mission of Rotary International , a worldwide association of Rotary clubs, is to provide service to others, promote high ethical standards, and advance world understanding , goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
The Logan Rotary Club meets every Monday at noon at Olde Dutch Restaurant, 12791 St Rt 664, Logan, Ohio 43138.
Part of being a Rotarian is knowing that our dues help on a worldwide scale. By becoming a member of the Logan Rotary Club, you are able to help the world become a better place because a portion of our dues goes directly to Rotary International. Below is some of their latest projects they are working on and our club is helping to support.
- In a time of social upheaval, where should America go? November 24, 2020Chicago Rotarian Xavier Ramey says the key to creating an equitable society is understanding where we’ve been
- Rotarians pledge to restore the monarch butterfly’s disappearing habitat November 24, 2020Seventy-five percent of the world’s plant species are dependent on pollinators, such as the monarch, to survive
- History: A Home for Headquarters November 20, 2020The idea that Rotary should own its headquarters dates back at least to the 1920 convention, when RI President Albert Adams said that he hoped to someday see the headquarters in a beautiful building of Rotary’s own.
- Hunger hits home: The pandemic reminds us that food insecurity isn’t just ‘over there’ November 19, 2020Hunger and malnutrition unleashed by COVID-19 could carry the impact of the pandemic far into the future.
- In the face of a pandemic, the important work of fighting polio must continue November 11, 2020Rotary and its partners have mobilized disease-fighting infrastructure to respond to COVID-19 —while remaining dedicated to eradicating polio